Who we are
Join Hands Trust was launched in 2008 by group of young peoples with the aim of supporting underprivileged families and school going children in Madurai district, Tamilnadu in India.
It is a registered charitable organization (Registered under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act F.C.R.A & Income tax exemption act under Section of 12AA and 80G) and working in following thematic areas of education, health, women’s empowerment, livelihood, food aid, environmental conservation and emergency relief.
The COSARAF Foundation has been supporting Join Hands Trust since 2019 with their Ramadan feeding programmes and crisis support.
- In 2019, we have distributed 160 food packs to underprivileged Muslim families during Ramadan and distributed relief items to 150 flood-affected families in the state of Kerala, India.
- In 2020, we supported 250 underprivileged families with Ramadan food packages and we have supported 100 underprivileged children through their education assistance program.
- In 2021, we have distributed food packs to 185 underprivileged Muslim families during Ramadan
and 50 emergency relief packages were distributed to Muslim families who had suffered due to flooding in Tamilnadu, India.
- In 2022, we have distributed 250 food packs to provide relief to needy Muslim families during Ramadan in Madurai district of Tamilnadu in India.
- In 2023, we have provided 250 food packs to underprivileged Muslim families for Ramadan.
“I am 38 years old and live in a village. I’m divorced. I do simple farm work. If I fast, I can’t work in the hot summer. Alhamdulillah, with the support of the COSARAF Foundation, your partners have provided me with food for suhur and iftar.”