The donation supports the provision of Islamic Higher education for youngsters who leave schools and Madrasas to progress in Islamic Higher Education. The Centre will be developed by the Sri Lankan Muslim Cultural Centre (UK) which has a successful mosque in Harrow and who have experience of delivering Islamic education within the local community.
In the Northwest London area there is no Islamic Higher Education centre within a 20 mile radius. The building that has been selected for redevelopment is situated in Harrow and Wealdstone, which has great access and connectivity to underground and overground trains. People from South West London and Watford can commute easily to the venue.
The objectives of the project are:
• To build a unique Islamic educational model to raise a generation of God conscious inspiring individuals who will be fully capable and driven to serve humanity and affect positive change in the world around them.
• To make traditional Islamic learning easily accessible for anyone who seeks a deeper understanding of Islam regardless of age.
• To empower the local community through an amazing learning experience so that they lead more fulfilling lives in the Dunya, and are better prepared for the Aakhirah.
• To engage with extended communities and to bridge the gaps for coexistence
• To make a meaningful contribution to Islamic science.
Courses will be delivered in a variety of faculties teaching Arabic, Fiqh, Seerah and Islamic History resulting in students achieving an Alimiyyah degree.